Saturday, April 19, 2014

I once again am delinquent in my postings.  So here's #1:

Alma 5:19
"I say unto you, can ye look up to God at that day with a pure heart and clean hands? I say unto you, can you look up, having the image of God engraven upon your countenances?"

Monday, April 7, 2014

We went on exchanges with the Mojave branch missionaries on Wednesday. Saw a miracle in that a less-active we were referred to by Church Headquarters never was home when we stopped by. But then, going through our regular plans, we were passing by her apartment and I thought, "hmm...I wonder if she's home." We knocked on the door and although she wasn't there, her daughter was and we were able to exchange phone numbers. It was a great blessing because we have been trying to confirm she actually lived there for weeks!

On Thursday, we went over to some recent converts to check on them and see how they were doing. Turns out good thing we did. One of them felt like he had hit a wall and was stuck in a rut just doing the same thing over and over again. So we shared Alma the Younger's experience with the people of Ammonihah. When he first went to the city he was met with severe ridicule and persecution. Upon leaving the city and moving on to the next one, he was visited by an angel. His words were what we wanted the recent converts to hear: "Blessed art thou, Alma; therefore, lift up thy head and rejoice, for thou hast great cause to rejoice; for thou hast been faithful in keeping the commandments of God from the time which thou receivedst thy first message from him. Behold, I am he that delivered it unto you. And behold, I am sent to command thee that thou return to the city of Ammonihah, and preach again unto the people of the city; yea, preach unto them. Yea, say unto them, except they repent the Lord God will destroy them." Here (through an angel) the Lord gives Alma a pep talk, encouraging him to keep his chin up and keep going. That even though it may seem like you aren't succeeding in life, if you are doing what your Father in Heaven asks of us then you are succeeding! 

We also gave them a blessing because they are about to be going through some health issues. In the blessing, the Spirit prompted me to say some things that I really did not want to say. But he very gently reminded me that I have no say in the matter and to just give the blessing as prompted. So I did, and it was very powerful.

I also thoroughly enjoyed conference and look forward to reviewing the talks over the coming weeks. Many of them answered questions that I had, and the Holy Ghost testified constantly to me that "..whether by mine own voice or by the voice of my servants, it is the same." I love you all and hope you have an enjoyable week!


Elder Cox

P.S. we get transfer calls this Saturday and I might be going, we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment