Thursday, July 25, 2013

"And also all they who receive this priesthood 
receive me"

Monday, July  22, 2013

     This week was fun for two reasons. The first was because I went on exchanges with Elder Bullard in Monica Ward and it was an awesome time. He has less than 30 days left, but he has the same drive as if he had just came out into the field. I learned a lot from him, especially about finishing strong. We had some little miracles during the exchange, but they all pale in comparison to the second reason this week was awesome.
     Jerry is a less active member who is going through a hard time with his family and health. So he asked us for a blessing. Before the blessing, Elder Broby asked some questions I could feel were all inspired. Then Jerry turned to me and asked if I had anything to say. I answered truthfully and said that any words that I would add would be redundant or useless to what was already said. So he asked me to give the blessing. I started out with the words that needed to be said then waited for a prompting to know what was next. What followed was nothing short of a miracle. All the words that I was prompted to say were exactly what he needed to hear, including an almost direct quote from his patriarchal blessing. The spirit was so strong, and reminded me so much of when I confirmed my best friend a member of the church. I am so thankful for that opportunity to help one of God's sons with the challenges in his life by being the mouthpiece for the Spirit. And this leads me to the biggest lesson that I learned this week: that when I have the chance to use the priesthood, those are the times that I feel the closest to my father in heaven (outside of the temple).  Because when I do, I know that I am on the Lord's errand, and that blesses the lives of those around me just as Jesus Christ did. Maybe not with the same magnitude as Christ, but it still is special for those people.
     I am so grateful for this knowledge that I have that the authority of the priesthood has been restored upon the Earth. I love the many ways that it blesses my life, and how I know that it will continually bless my life. "For whoso is faithful unto the obtaining these two priesthoods of which I have spoken, and the magnifying their calling, are sanctified by the Spirit unto the renewing of their bodies." (D&C 84:33)

I love you all and hope you have a good week!

Elder Cox

No comments:

Post a Comment