Tuesday, August 6, 2013

I Dreamed A Dream
 
Monday, August 5, 2013
 
Sorry that this letter is short and late, our internet was down where we usually email.

     This week was good, particularly because of a dream that I had. I dreamed that I was back home watching a movie with my mom. All of a sudden, I realized that the year was 2015; and I couldn't remember anything of my mission. I frantically tried to remember something, anything about what I was doing in California for two years and my mind was completely blank. When I woke up, I thought about what it could possibly mean, because I don't dream very often and never so vividly. I pondered and prayed and felt that the reason I had my dream was a warning, that I needed to make sure that these precious months are amazing. And also to that end, I made a goal to write in my journal every night (I wasn't very faithful on that score) so that I will never forget what happens out here. So far I am doing a fantastic job!

     We also gave a blessing to a member who will be going into back surgery soon, and it was good. The best part was that his wife, who isn't a member, really had the spirit testify to her that all will be well. We hope that this will kindle a fire in her to change her habits and act upon the faith that we know she has.

     Also, I am losing Elder Broby, but am staying in Tehachapi and training a new elder. My second transfer and I'm training!!! From what I've heard from other elders, I have now reached legendary status. Cool, I guess. Just hope that I don't mess this poor elder up with my inexperience. Wish me luck. 
 
Love you all and have you in my prayers.

Elder Cox

No comments:

Post a Comment