Monday, October 7, 2013

"...but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets."

Monday, October 7, 2013

This week was lots of fun, because I was looking forward to Conference every day. This is the first time in my life that I have been able to watch all 10 hours of it, and it was very uplifting. I was particularly inspired by President Uchtdorf's message about "you can stand now." It was such an awesome reminder that I need to be always reaching out to my Lord and Savior and allow him to help me up. I also found Elder Holland's words of hope to counter depression uplifting too, even though I don't suffer to the degree he was talking about.

Another thing that I like to look for in Conference is a sort of theme, like how when President Monson lowered the age for missionaries, the majority of talks seemed to revolve around missionary work. This Conference I was expecting more about being prepared or to not to worry about warmongering. I was surprised (though not really) to find that they talked a lot about the family, eternal marriage, and about civil governments. I am so grateful for the Gospel and the eternal importance it places on families, and how through them we are able to overcome many of life's difficulties.

That's about it. The work is going a little slow, but I have faith that conference will spark someone into action. I love you all and hope that you have a great week!

Elder Cox
 
Here's a picture of me and Elder Eisele. We helped on the wall in the foreground.  The wall in the mid-ground and the back ground were built entirely by me. Well... my companions helped too, but it was mostly me.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment