Sunday, November 10, 2013

So sorry it's taken forever to get this posted!!  Enjoy!!

Here at the Wall

Monday, October 14, 2013

We went on exchanges with the zone leaders on Wednesday, and I was hesitant about it at first. My experience with zone leaders in the past has not been good, so I was expecting a really bad day. I am so glad to be proven wrong. I was with Elder Neff and at first I was very wary of him, just kind of waiting to see it he was going to be like leadership I've had in the past. But as the day went on and we started opening up to each other, I found a much better zone leader than I have encountered my whole mission. We found a few potentials and ministered to some others, but the most important thing that came out of the exchanges was that my suspicion and distrust was replaced by love and respect for him, especially when he counseled me about the area.
 
For a while I have felt as if I'm just running into a wall while trying to find a door. And just on the other side of the wall I know there is someone waiting to hear the gospel. But for almost 6 months I have been unable to find the door and my head is starting to hurt from hitting the wall so many times. But Elder Neff just encouraged me and said that I need to let the mission go through me, and when I allow it to work within me that is when the door will open. Just as Alma was told to return (in Alma 8) again to Ammonihah and he did so by a different way and thereby found success, so to do I need to lift up [my] head and rejoice, because there there is much work to be done and I just need to "...labor diligently...that [I] may conquer the enemy of all righteousness, and rest [my soul] in the kingdom of God." - Moroni 9:6.
 
That's really about all I have for this week, we're planning on going on a hike here in a few minutes as a district so I'll have some pictures for everyone next week. 
 
I love you all and hope you have a great week!

Elder Cox

No comments:

Post a Comment