Sunday, November 10, 2013

The last one until Monday:

And loving it!

Monday, November 4, 2013

All -

Okay, let's see how fast I can type. I'm now on a time crunch and don't have the luxury of typing all I want.

I am now serving in the Bakersfield First Ward South, which means that I went from covering two wards, to one ward, and now to half a ward (the other half is covered by Elder Asher from Wyoming and Elder Lund from Maryland). All but three active members live on the north side outside of my designated proselyting area, so I am moving around a lot, and me and my companion (Elder Taylor from Oklahoma City) are 2 of maybe 10 white people. But the ward is great, they love us to death, and the area just got open, so there are no investigators and I'm talking to everyone that I see just so that I can teach somebody the Gospel. I'm in a car share, so I'll be on a bike a couple days out of the week, but my area is pretty much flat as a pancake so I'm not worried.   

This week as I said had a lot of finding and listening to the promptings of the Holy Ghost. As such, that is where I focused the majority of my personal studies, about how to rely on the Holy Ghost and what to say and do to best utilize his advice. And the biggest thing that I found as I studied is actually very well summarized in D&C 100: 5-8 which says, "Therefore, verily I say unto you, lift up your voices unto this people; speak the thoughts that I shall put into your hearts, and you shall not be confounded before men; For it shall be given you in the very hour, yea, in the very moment, what ye shall say. But a commandment I give unto you, that ye shall declare whatsoever thing ye declare in my name, in solemnity of heart, in the spirit of meekness, in all things. And I give unto you this promise, that inasmuch as ye do this the Holy Ghost shall be shed forth in bearing record unto all things whatsoever ye shall say." Basically, I need to exercise the courage and faith necessary to open my mouth and the Lord will fill it. And trust me, it needs to be filled out here.

That's about all that I have time for, hope everyone is doing well and I'll try and sneak a few more minutes in next week for ya'll.

Or you could send letter via snail mail to the mission office.

Elder Cox

Here's Elder Cox's mission address:
 Elder Ethan L. Cox
California Bakersfield Mission
3512 Coffee Road, Suite B
Bakersfield, CA  93308

No comments:

Post a Comment