Saturday, November 30, 2013

Hack, hack, hack, wheeze....


Monday, November 25, 2013

So this week was fun, Elder Taylor and I took turns being sick so we were stuck in the apartment for pretty much the whole time. But the positive side is that I had lots of time to just sit and think about things. One of the things I was really thinking about was the fact that we are sons and daughters of God and how that knowledge helps us be obedient. Knowing that we are heirs to a king and that just as our actions reflect upon our Earthly parents, so too our decisions reflect upon our Heavenly parents. So shouldn't we always want to make our Father proud? When we keep it in that perspective it makes difficult decisions just that much easier and being obedient in anything just that much simpler. And then the words of Paul just bring it home: "The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together."

That's...uhhhh...really about it. Like I said being sick sucks when you are at home with a mom to help you out; in the mission field it was downright miserable, especially since I didn't get a working DVD player to watch my D&C study videos until Thursday. And with no TV, I just laid in bed and watched the fan spin for hours on end. Like I said, I had lots of time to think. But I'm much better now and looking forward to Thanksgiving. Hope you all enjoy it and for pity's sake please, please don't start any Christmas stuff until after 12:00am Friday morning. It's bad enough there are some stores out here opening at 6pm on Thursday. It makes me hopping mad! But enjoy the turkey and stuffing and good company, I know I will. And if you have problems such as Job in that "...his meat in his bowels is turned, it is the gall of asps within him," remember AlkaSeltzer is amazing stuff.

Elder Cox

No comments:

Post a Comment