Monday, June 17, 2013

Wait - I'm not in the Ventura Mission?

Monday, June 17, 2013

     This past week was taken up with service and with nervous energy in preparation for the transfer calls today; because on July 1, this area is going to split from the Ventura mission and become the California Bakersfield mission. I wasn't entirely sure which mission I wanted to be in, both of them are great and have amazing people in them (but the weather on the coast is much milder). But when I got the call to remain in Tehachapi (meaning that I'm going to be opening the new mission), I knew that this is where I'm supposed to be. I'm going to miss the coast, for the brief time that I knew it, but the people up here are so amazing that it makes up for the heat...  I hope.
     So come July 1, I will have a new mission office that letters and packages will have to go to; so don't send anything about a week before that, otherwise the letter might get lost. And this transfer is going to be a 7 week transfer, so that President Wilson and the MTC can get on track. So I'm "stuck" with Elder Broby as District Leader for an extra week. Hope we can get along that long.
     There was a testimony builder I had on Sunday that I'd like to share. I don't know if you recall a member in one of the wards, Woody, who was dying of cancer that I talked about in a previous letter. Well, on Sunday he came to church and it was a shock to see him out and about, because on the last visit he was wanting to die. Miraculously, his last surgery was able to take out all the cancer and all that remains is to regain his strength. I know that it was the blessing that Elder Scott and I gave him that allowed him to heal so effectively, because the doctors were not optimistic about his chances for survival. This just strengthens my testimony of the power of the priesthood and how it can be used to completely change people's lives.
     That's all I have to say about that. Elder Broby and I got an energy boost, and I have a feeling this transfer is going to be a good one. I love you all and hope that you have an awesome week!

Elder Cox

No comments:

Post a Comment