Tuesday, June 25, 2013

"We Are As the Army of Helaman"


Monday, June 24, 2013

     All I really have to talk about is that Leadership Broadcast on Sunday. It was incredible to see all the missionaries in the broadcast fill the Marriott Center to capacity, and know that even they are not the full extent of the Lord's army. I am so grateful and humbled to know that I am one of those soldiers fighting for the salvation of God's children, and that my personal success is not measured in the number of baptisms, but in the number of people that I can reach.
     The broadcast was also helpful in that I felt like the apostles were taking the burden of finding people off of missionaries' shoulder and giving that responsibility to the members. At first I was flabbergasted, "what would I do all day?!" But after pondering the significance of that shift, I was able to see the vision that the apostles have for the work: that members become friends with everyone they meet and are therefore in a position to not only extend the Gospel to them, but also to help retain them and allow the Church to grow that much faster. In a perfect world, every lesson that the missionaries teach would be a member present lesson, and they would be running around from appointment to appointment with no time to rest during the day. I could almost see it happening in our wards here in Tehachapi. But I know that there is still a ways to go before that point of teaching is realized, so the work goes on.
     Also, my new mission mailing address as of July 1st will be:
 
Elder Ethan L. Cox
California Bakersfield Mission
3512 Coffee Road, Suite B
Bakersfield, CA  93308

     Love you all and hope everyone is doing well!

 
Elder Cox

No comments:

Post a Comment