Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Merry Christmas to All!


Monday, December 23, 2013

All,

So if any of you are wondering why the time stamp is so late, let's just say that the internet was not being friendly at the church and I just barely found a computer to use. And we went digging for gold (only 7 flakes of dust to show for our troubles). But does that dampen my spirit's? Not even close! It's Christmas time and the best time of year to increase my faith in my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Since I'm a poor missionary and don't have a whole lot of funds or time, I'd like to share my testimony with you as my present: 

"And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night. And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid. And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger. And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying, Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men." In these times of trials and uncertainty, there can be peace in our lives. When we draw closer to our Father in Heaven through His Son we can know the joy and happiness that comes from the Gospel. The Atonement of Christ is real and I have seen it work in my life and the lives of others. So while this season is important to remember the babe in Bethlehem, never forget the man in Calvary. For that is the news the angels brought, the "gladsome tidings...which inspired their heavenly song." I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet and that the Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ. I have dedicated 2 years of my life to spreading these truths and to find what my older brother would have me do. I testify of these things in the name of Jesus Christ amen.

I love you all and hope you have a very, very, merry Christmas wherever you are.

Elder Cox

P.S. Elder Carper says hi.

No comments:

Post a Comment