Sunday, February 23, 2014

And, finally, last week's letter:

Back on Track

Monday, February 17, 2014

Alright. Apologizes about last week. Turns out it wasn't food poisoning but a stomach bug that got my companion sick the next day, but we're all better and super excited about this next week. More on that later; but first a recap of 2 weeks ago: Seahawks soar, family feuds, and psychic toddlers. Is that enough for y'all? No? You want me to go in depth? Fine... 

For those of you who live under a rock and don't have awesome members like me that will give you a blow-by-blow, the Seahawks murdered the Broncos in the Superbowl. That's my boys! 

Elder Carper and I talked to a lady who has one of the most messed up family situations I have come across yet. She is still in love with her abusive husband and her 3 or 4 year old daughter, who is taking after her father and throwing things at the woman when she doesn't get her way. It made me extremely grateful for my family and the positive impact they have on my life. 

We had dinner one night with a family whose daughters are certifiably psychic. The oldest daughter and the youngest daughter both knew that they had a baby brother on the way before the mom even knew she was pregnant. The oldest kept making a bed out of blankets and pillows next to hers and kept saying it was for her baby brother. The youngest kept rubbing her mom's stomach saying, "baby, baby, baby." In both cases, the girls were very young (no more than 3 or 4 years old) and they were both right. Well, those are the highlights for 2 weeks ago. Now for this week... 

As I said before, I got sick and then my companion, but after we both were feeling better we turned our attentions on our two investigators who are going to be baptized this Saturday! Without going into too much detail, Satan is trying his best to stop them from entering the strait gate. But true to the old saying that "evil only wins when good men do nothing," Elder Carper and I have been exercising all our energies in making sure it goes on without a hitch. And the Lord is blessing us with miracles out the wazoo! I really couldn't do it without Him. I know I have shared this scripture before, but I'm going to add others with it:

     "...for it is by faith that miracles are wrought; and it is by faith that angels appear and minister unto men; wherefore, if these things have ceased wo be unto the children of men, for it is because of unbelief, and all is vain." - Moroni 7:37
     
     "But I say unto you: Mine angels shall go up before you, and also my presence, and in time ye shall possess the goodly land." - Doctrine and Covenants 103:20
 
There you go, that about sums up my week. Hopefully my season of sickness is over, and I can rest now and actually do some missionary work.
 
Love you all and hope you have an excellent a week as I am planning on having!

Elder Cox

No comments:

Post a Comment