Monday, March 31, 2014

Can't believe I haven't posted for over a month!  Sorry!!  Let me get you caught up:

The Worth of Souls is Great in the Sight of God


Monday, February 24, 2014

To Everyone and Anyone, 

So, this week was pretty much the most stressful one that I have ever had in my entire life. Not even joking. And it wasn't even a busy week really, just Saturday was the kicker: I got my first convert baptisms of my mission!!!! I was stressing out so much to make sure that everything went smoothly, that my investigator didn't fall down the font steps and drown, and that she also didn't suffocate without her oxygen cord. So yeah, I'm really relieved that I didn't have to try and bring anyone back from the dead as well as baptize them. We are waiting a week for her to get her strength back up so that we can confirm her next Sunday. 

Nevertheless, my heart was so full of gratitude to my Father in Heaven for his help this week. There were so many miracles that he performed and so many prayers that he answered. I have a firm testimony of the words which the Lord spake to Joseph Smith in D&C 18: "And if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father! And now, if your joy will be great with one soul that you have brought unto me into the kingdom of my Father, how great will be your joy if you should bring many souls unto me!" I have found myself randomly tearing (crying, not ripping) up and my heart full of emotion when I think back on the baptism. I have such a testimony of the peace that the Gospel brings, and not only in other's lives, but in our own when we reach out and share it with others. People are just so much happier when doing missionary work!  

It's just, I don't feel extremely blissful, but I just am so at peace with the world. Everything just seems right with the Universe. On Saturday all the stars aligned and all the powers of heaven combined to allow my investigators to enter in at the strait gate, and set their feet upon the path of eternal life. One of them shared a dream she had the night before her baptism and I'm going to repeat it for you. In her dream, she was talking to her sister (who is dead) and another departed relative who were saying their goodbyes. I can't remember the exact words they used, but it was something along the lines of, "We need to go, but you are in the care of other angels now." And they are. This is the Lord's work, and no one can stop the work of salvation among the children of men. 

I love you all, and am so grateful for the prayers and letters and words of support. Hope you have an awesome week and enjoy the many blessings in your lives. Just remember the word of Albert Einstein when you feel down: "You can live your life in one of two ways: as if everything is a miracle, or as if nothing is."

Elder Cox

No comments:

Post a Comment