Monday, March 31, 2014

Letter #5:

Get thee to a Nunnery!

Monday, March 24, 2014

Everybody, 

Okay, so the week in a nutshell...I have no idea what I did. I know that I did stuff and that that we were busy, but for the life of me I don't know where the time went. I will tell you what I remember, but this is going to be a short letter. 

Firstly, we helped a damsel in distress this week. I don't know how many of you remember that woman that Elder Carper and I talked to a few weeks ago, the one that dumped all her family problems on us. Well, turns out her mom was able to talk some sense into her. And so, just like Morianton's maid who came from an abusive home and fled (see Alma 50: 30-31), so too did this daughter of God pack up everything at 8 o'clock in the dark and run with her daughter. We helped move everything and wished her the best. I hope that she makes it okay. 

On a more uplifting note however, our investigator passed his interview, so he will be baptized this Saturday! We're really really really excited for him, since he has been waiting for close to 11 years to do this. He wanted to do it when he was eight, but his father was not supportive (quite against it actually) and refused to give permission for all that time. But now that the investigator is 18, he is an adult, and able to make the decision for himself. And for this whole time he has been raised as a member, so he was just waiting to make it official. Patience really is a virtue: "Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord." - Psalms 27:14 

Also found a random member that had been lost in the shuffle of living in group homes as a teen. But he's found and we're helping him get back in the swing of church life. 

Like I said, that's about the extent of what I can remember for this week. We have Zone Conference this Friday so I should have more to write about next week. Love you all and hope you have a productive week. 

Elder Cox

No comments:

Post a Comment