Monday, March 31, 2014

Letter #2:

I Love to See the Temple

Monday, March 3, 2014

 
Everyone,

Firstly, my investigators Billie and Zach got confirmed on Sunday, and I'm grateful that we were able to help them take those last steps and enter in at the strait gate and receive the Holy Ghost. And what a wonderful opportunity to be the voice for Billie's confirmation. I have done that only once before and both time the spirit within that circle is so strong and the love of our Father in Heaven is so evident as to remove all doubt in my mind as to the existence of God and his son Jesus Christ. It was a very uplifting experience and the ward was very welcoming.

Saturday was also fantastic. Originally, our ride for the temple cancelled on us because there was lots of rain and there were a lot of accidents on the 405 which was a bummer. But... we were getting ready for the day when our temple ride called and said the weather was nicer than predicted and wanted to know if we still wanted to go the temple. Of course! I was thrilled to enjoy the peace of the temple and to have questions answered and new gospel insights revealed. And I was able to put things back into the eternal perspective. The biggest insight I had was how joyful we should be in the knowledge that Jesus Christ is our Savior. "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace." - Isaiah 9:6

We all make mistakes in our lives and each one of us at some point has wished that we could take back something we said or did. Through the atoning blood of Christ we can be clean again and live with our Father in Heaven. That should be enough to make anyone's bad day better.

Lastly, I am staying here in Rosamond, and my companion of leaving to a bike area. We don't know were we go until transfer meeting itself when they announce it over the pulpit, so I will let ya'll know where he went and who my new companion is.

Love ya'll!

Elder Cox

No comments:

Post a Comment